Outside Sales Representative – Florida - OSS---FL
CITY (ZIP CODE)
At Babolat, tennis runs in our blood. Founded in Lyon, France in 1875, Babolat has been inventing, innovating and developing complete equipment for tennis, badminton and padel for 148 years, starting with the creation of the world's first tennis string. Family-run for five generations, Babolat offers a full range of products including racquets, strings, footwear, bags, balls, apparel and accessories, and is marketed in over 160 countries. Babolat recently added pickleball products to its line-up in 2020.
Babolat built its reputation as a premium brand by offering products at the forefront of technology and by
supplying equipment to generations of champions who have won the most prestigious competitions. Today,
Babolat racquets and strings are the choice of some of the world's top players on the ATP and WTA tour,
including Rafael Nadal, Carlos Alcaraz, Sofia Kenin and Leylah Fernandez.
Driving business in both existing and new categories and channels in the US market will continue to be a key focus of the company's long-term growth plan. A competitive, yet highly collaborative team dynamic motivates our employees to perform and achieve success together. At Babolat, we take our jobs very seriously, without taking ourselves too seriously.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Florida Outside Sales Representative, based in Florida, is primarily responsible for selling Babolat products to businesses and for coordinating all brand activities within the territory by performing the following duties:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and implement sales strategies, including analysis of market dynamics, to meet company goals and objectives.
- Present new product and program sales presentations to dealer network.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and implement regional brand activations to engage with retailers, consumers, and local brand ambassadors.
- Coordinate on-court demo/consumer play test activities and ongoing in-store trainings.
- Monitor company policies and programs within territory.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and understanding of product offerings.
- Research and evaluate prospective dealers.
- Develop negotiating strategies by acquiring a thorough understanding of dealers' business needs and goals.
- Improve efficiencies and enhance selling through appropriate use of technology, including social media platforms.
- Educate customers and promote the use of the online B2B tools.
- Own the entire Sales Process through collaboration with Marketing, Finance, Sales Support Group and Logistics departments.
- Establish and maintain network of key influencers within territory.
- Coordinate company play tests for new products and market research.
- Track inventory levels with both dealers and Babolat warehouse.
- Build and maintain excellent rapport and customer relationships.
- Independently plan efficient travel and work schedules.
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university (emphasis in Business Administration or Marketing concentration preferred), and a minimum of 3 years of outside professional sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate and sell.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Digital presentation skills are required.
- Strong computer proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Salesforce software is highly preferred.
- Footwear sales experience a plus.
- Tennis/sporting goods business industry experience including retail, sales, stringing and/or playing experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, creativity, and continued willingness to take initiative a must.
- Approximately 75% travel time is required.
Targeted Hiring Range - $75,000 - $85,000 annual gross base salary with quarterly bonus potential based on both quantitative and qualitative objectives. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, employer-matched 401(k) plan, disability/life insurance and more.
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.