Marketing Coordinator - MktngCoord-052023
CITY (ZIP CODE)
At Babolat, tennis runs in our blood. Founded in Lyon, France in 1875, Babolat has been inventing, innovating and developing complete equipment for tennis, badminton and padel for more than 147 years, starting with the creation of the world's first tennis string. Family-run for five generations, Babolat offers a full range of products including racquets, strings, footwear, bags, balls, apparel and accessories, and is marketed in over 160 countries. Babolat recently added pickleball products to its line-up in 2020.
Babolat built its reputation as a premium brand by offering products at the forefront of technology and by
supplying equipment to generations of champions who have won the most prestigious competitions. Today,
Babolat racquets and strings are the choice of some of the world's top players on the ATP and WTA tour,
including Rafael Nadal, Carlos Alcaraz, Sofia Kenin and Leylah Fernandez.
Driving business in both existing and new categories and channels in the US market will continue to be a key focus of the company's long-term growth plan. A competitive, yet highly collaborative team dynamic motivates our employees to perform and achieve success together. At Babolat, we take our jobs very seriously, without taking ourselves too seriously.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the marketing initiatives for the US market that includes maximizing brand exposure through product testing, tournaments, and other grassroots marketing strategies as needed.
- Assist with development and execution of all US marketing materials and campaigns.
- Coordinate content and publish email communications.
- Assist with the media & PR programs based on US marketing & sales plans and initiatives, including managing the ambassadors and key influencers.
- Assist with the execution of sales meetings, trade shows, launch events, etc. as needed.
- Coordinate production and distribution of all digital assets and sales tools (i.e., samples, catalogs, web banners, product images, etc.).
- Coordinate and execute in-store brand presence projects including the management of POP inventory (assist in forecasting, ordering, distributing).
- Perform customer order entry as needed.
- Work with Sales Teams to identify and define product testing, training, and demo event opportunities with key partners in all channels of distribution.
- Become an expert on all Babolat products and utilize all in-line products at relevant events while in the field.
- Assist in monthly marketing reports of all activities including pictures of events and retailer stores, competitors' merchandising, consumer and retailer feedback, and event sales.
- Plan effective and efficient territory visits in collaboration with the Territory Sales Representative that are outlined and requested for approval 60 days in advance.
- Manage product training for the Babolat coaches and ambassadors, including preparing training documents and videos and hosting in-person and virtual meetings.
- Perform product training clinics to educate Babolat employees, retail sales staff, and key influencers on the Babolat brand, products, technologies and consumer benefits.
- Provide on-site support for sales and marketing efforts at tournaments, trade shows, PR and retail events.
- Provide B2B implementation and on-site support at retail locations as needed.
- Able to work long hours over weekends and holidays as needed.
- Collaborate with all other department representatives to ensure the efficiency of the company.
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university, and two to three years of experience in the sporting goods industry, or equivalent combination of education and related experience is required.
- Experience in sporting goods/tennis industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with outside agencies/vendors is strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, creativity, and continued willingness to take initiative a must.
- Working knowledge of Order processing systems; Spreadsheet (Excel), Word Processing (Word) and Presentation (PowerPoint) software is required.
Approximately 25% travel time is required.